What you need:
- unseasoned pork loin or tenderloin (about 2 pounds)
- a bunch of spices
- dutch oven
- some fruit (I used 1 apple and not very ripe pear)
- olive oil
- an oven and a stove
I have no idea how you should do it, but this is what I did:
- Preheat the oven to 450
- Put dutch oven on high flame on the stove to warm up with some olive oil in it
- Lather the meat with some olive oil (use your hands, don’t be afraid to get a little dirty)
- Rub all over loin your favorite spices. I used red pepper flakes, garlic powder, basil, pepper, and garlic salt.
- Brown loin on all sides in dutch oven for a total of about 8-15 minutes depending on cut and heat. Start with the fat side up.
- Dice pear and apple into about 1 inch chunks
- Turn off stove and add pear and apple plus the dutch oven lid
- Place in oven
- After about 10 minutes remove the lid
- Pull out after another 5-15 minutes depending on cut. Use the old fashioned poke test to know when to pull it out of the oven.
- Let meat rest on cutting board for 5-10 minutes and place fruit in a serving bowl
- Slide meat against the grain into about half inch thick hunks
We served this with a delicious Kale salad that I have no clue how to make.