This recipe is the basis for what we’re doing here.
1) Brine ~5 pounds skin-on bone-in chicken thighs for at least one hour in the fridge with brine mix of 4 cups water, 1/3 cup salt, 1/3 cup brown sugar, 1/3 cup white vinegar.
2) Create rub from 4 Tbsp brown sugar, 3 Tbsp paprika, 2 Tbsp red pepper flakes, 1 Tbsp black pepper, 2 tsp garlic powder, 1 tsp cumin, 1/2 nutmeg, 1 Tbsp salt
3) Generously rub all sides of chicken after patting dry and wrap all chicken in 1 or 2 tight foil packets on a drying rack on a cooking sheet
4) Bake at 260 for 2 hours
5) Open foil packets and pour juices into a sauce pan
6) Remove thighs from foil and place on drying racks in broiler until crisp, flipping once
7) Reduce sauce on high heat and by adding flour. You can cut juice with flour and water to reduce saltiness. Reduce until sticks to a spoon.
8) Serve sauce with chicken and enjoy!
This recipe is going to be vague… it’ll get better as I get better at making it!
1) Throw Pork Sirloin Tip Roast (or similar) in the slow cooker for about 8 hours with spices including: paprika, red pepper flakes, black pepper, garlic salt, cumin, and others to your liking plus one 12 oz beer (I used Lagunitas IPA) and 16 oz water.
2) Pull pork once tender using two forks (probably after 4-6 hours)
3) Drain out juices from pork keeping half in a sauce pan and discarding other half, spread pork on a lined backing sheet
4) Reduce juices via heating and adding flour until thick enough to stick to a spoon, add an equal amount of your favorite BBQ sauce and pour over spread pork
5) Broil for about 10 minutes stirring every few minutes to crisp
6) Serve with side of more BBQ sauce and enjoy!