YUM! So refreshing and loaded with nutrients Recipe from the Living Juices but on Koh Tao, Thailand!
Chop up all the fruit, then combine everything in a bowl:
- Banana, sliced
- Some watermelon
- Some apple
- 1/4 cup muesli
- Sliced almonds or any other nut
- Pepita seeds and/or sunflower seeds
- 1 Tbsp dried gogi berries
- ~1/4 cup coconut milk
- Sprinkle of dried unsweetened coconut flakes
Of course you can add or subtract and fruit depending on what’s in season!
In Koh Tao, Thailand we were taught this recipe from the one and only P’Noot herself. She was by far our favorite street food lady in Thailand, and she made the island’s BEST pad thai!!!
INGREDIENTS: (amounts below for one big serving)
- 1/2 chicken breast, cut into thin strips
- 1 egg
- Rice noodles (a big handful). Noodles appear wet? Are not stiff!
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1tsp garlic powder
- Big Tbsp + of chili sauce (chili sauce is red, slightly looks like marinara sauce, not the clear chili sauce, looks like it had chunks of red pepper flakes in it)
- *We now do 1 Tbsp bought chili paste and 1 Tbsp homemade chili paste
- HOMEMADE CHILI PASTE: 1 garlic clove, 8ish red hot chilis, finely chopped with 1/4 tsp salt. Saute in hot oil, add 1/2 tsp Paprika.
- Handful of bean sprouts
- 2 green onions, roughly chopped
- 1 heaping Tbsp of crushed peanuts
- 1 slice of lime (optional)
- Chili flakes to taste
- Get wok very very hot! This is key!
- Add in about 2Tbsp of oil
- Add in chicken breast, stir!
- Add one egg, stir vigorously
- A big handful of rice noodles
- Keep stirring!
- Add in sugar, salt, garlic powder, stir
- Add chili sauce
- Stir stir stir like crazy
- Spread out the noodle mix and put bean sprouts on top, then fold them in (not stir!)
- Turn fire off!
- Sprinkle green onion on top and top with crushed peanuts
- Like slice optional, and chili flakes on top to taste
Easy and wayyy more delicious!
- Light or dark rum
- Orange Curacao
- Almond syrup
- Fresh squeezed lime
Shake and serve over ice!
(Ratio of the above ingredients need to be experimented with)
A recipe from P’Noot, our favorite lady from Koh Tao, Thailand!
INGREDIENTS (for one large serving)
- Oil (olive is good)
- 1/4 onion, big chopped
- 1/3 chicken breast, chopped in thin strips
- 1 egg
- 1 cup cooked white rice
- Soy sauce (~1Tbsp)
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 Tbsp chopped carrot
- 1/3c chopped cabbage
STEPS (This recipe is for one large serving)
- Get a wok really really hot over a good amount of flame. Add about 2 Tbsp of oil
- Add in 1/4 of an onion, roughly chopped. Stir with spatula about 30sec
- Add in chicken, stir
- Crack one egg into wok, stir
- Add one large serving of cooked white rice (2/3-1 cup), stir vigorously
- Add soy sauce to taste (about 1Tbsp), sugar (1 tsp) and garlic powder (1tsp), stir stir stir.
- Add in carrot and cabbage
- Stir vigorously for 1-2 mins, vuala!