In fact maybe my favorite of all pancake recipes, yum!
Did half spelt flour, did whole milk because that’s what we had, did half the amount of sugar and made it brown sugar instead of regular
Fantastic with addition of sliced banana in pancake
Delicious fall breakfast!
Pear Crumble Coffee Cake
Super delicious! Great with added cinnamon and chopped up apple!
- 2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1-1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 TBS honey
- 2 TBS melted butter
- 2 eggs
- 1-3/4 cups milk
In a large bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt until mixed well.
In a small bowl, light beat the eggs, vanilla, honey, and melted butter.
Add egg mixture to dry ingredients and stir.
Add milk and mix well, but do not over-mix.
To cook pancakes:
Preheat griddle to 325 degrees and melt enough butter to cover cooking surface.
Spoon batter onto griddle and allow to cook for a few minutes until slightly bubbly on top and then flip. Cook for a few more minutes.
Serve with butter and warm maple syrup.
YUM! So refreshing and loaded with nutrients Recipe from the Living Juices but on Koh Tao, Thailand!
Chop up all the fruit, then combine everything in a bowl:
- Banana, sliced
- Some watermelon
- Some apple
- 1/4 cup muesli
- Sliced almonds or any other nut
- Pepita seeds and/or sunflower seeds
- 1 Tbsp dried gogi berries
- ~1/4 cup coconut milk
- Sprinkle of dried unsweetened coconut flakes
Of course you can add or subtract and fruit depending on what’s in season!
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 heaping cup mashed ripe banana (about 2-3 bananas)
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 3 tsp Brown Sugar
- 1/3 cup nonfat vanilla greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 1/2 tablespoons unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1 egg
- 1 egg white
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Grease a 8×4 or 9×5 loaf pan with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder,baking soda, and salt; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine mashed banana, honey, brown sugar, greek yogurt, olive oil, almond milk and vanilla and beat on low until smooth in consistency. Add in the egg and egg white and beat again until well combined, about 1 minute. Add the banana mixture to the flour mixture and combine until moist — It’s important to not over mix!
- Spoon all of the batter into the greased loaf pan. Bake at 325 degrees for 45-60 minutes or until a tester inserted into middle of the bread comes out clean. The length of time will vary based on which loaf pan you use, so I suggest checking the bread at 45 minutes. Also, don’t fear the golden crust! The bread may look done on the outside, but the inside is what’s important — you don’t want a gooey bread.
- Once a tester inserted into the bread comes out clean, cool for 10 minutes in pan on wire rack, then remove from pan gently and cool completely on wire rack. Cut into 12 slices and enjoy!
If you’d like to freeze your bread, simply wait until bread is completely cool, then slice and individually wrap in cling wrap and place in the freezer. Once ready to eat, just toast or microwave your slice and spread with your favorite topping.
It can be made with chocolate chips too!