- 1 cup dates (pitted)
- 1¼ cups crisp rice cereal
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- ¼ cup coarsely chopped peanuts
- 2 tablespoons ground flaxseed
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Pinch salt
- ½ cup peanut butter
- 1/3 cup brown rice syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup mini semisweet chocolate chips
1. Spray an 8×8-inch pan with non-stick cooking spray; set aside.
2. Place the dates in a food processor and pulse until finely chopped. Combine the pureed dates with the cereal, oats, peanuts, flaxseed, cinnamon and salt in a large bowl.
3. Combine the peanut butter and brown rice syrup in a small saucepan over medium heat, stirring until melted and completely blended. Remove from heat and stir in the vanilla extract.
4. Pour the peanut butter mixture over the oat mixture and stir until well combined. Gently stir in the chocolate chips. Turn the mixture into the prepared pan and press firmly to pack the mixture into the pan. Let the mixture sit until completely cool and set, at least 1 hour. Cut into bars, then wrap individually in plastic wrap and store in the refrigerator.