These turned out pretty dang good for a quick ad-hoc dinner with no measuring and very little planning before turning the stove on.
What you’ll need:
- Chicken breasts
- Olive Oil
- Pan that can get hot – ideally cast iron
- Some sort of side to go with this meat dish, I did a pan fried mix veggies with what we had in the fridge (onion, bell pepper, asparagus)
What you’ll do with the meat to turn it into Watson Nuggets:
- Cut up the breasts into about 1.5 inch squares. For the chicken breasts I used it was about 12 chunks for 1 breast.
- Combine your favorite dry seasonings in a bowl. I used a combination “to taste” of italian bread crumbs, black pepper, red pepper flakes, Ms. dash garlic & herb seasoning, garlic salt, and basil.
- Lightly coat chicken cubes with olive oil
- Dump them in handful sized batches into the dry seasoning mix moving them around as if you’re kneading bread until the cubes are covered in the seasoning and mostly dry to the touch.
- Throw the chicken cubes into a pretty hot cast-iron pan with a few tablespoons of olive oil. It should be quite a sizzle when they hit the pan.
- Flip each cube after about 3 minutes or until darker-than-golden brown on the first side.
- Pan fry another couple minutes until second side is browned to perfection
- Serve and enjoy! No dipping sauce required, but would be good with whatever you like on chicken nuggets… BBQ sauce, ketchup, honey, mustard, etc.