The best! I do 1/2c of the flour as oat flour instead of almond flour. Good without the bananas on top. Good with walnuts!
- 2 large bananas, mashed
- 1⁄2 cup (120 ml) pumpkin puree
- 5 large eggs
- 1⁄2 cup (125 grams) almond butter
- 1⁄4 cup (50 grams) melted coconut oil, plus more for greasing the waffle iron
- 1⁄2 cup (75 grams) coconut flour
- 2 tablespoons Primal Palate Pumpkin Pie spice
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch of fine-grain sea salt
- maple syrup, for serving
- Preheat the waffle iron.
- Combine the bananas, pumpkin puree, eggs, almond butter, and coconut oil in a food processor or blender and mix well until the bananas are well blended with the other ingredients. Once smooth, add the coconut flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda, baking powder, vanilla, and salt and blend until well mixed.
- Lightly brush the waffle iron with the melted coconut oil. Using the waffle manufacturer’s guidelines for suggested cup [milliliter] quantity, ladle the batter into the preheated and greased waffle maker and spread it evenly across the surface, leaving a 1⁄2-inch (12-mm) border (the batter will spread with you close the lid). Cook, following the manufacturer’s directions, and when done set aside on a plate and keep warm while you cook the remaining waffles.
In fact maybe my favorite of all pancake recipes, yum!
Did half spelt flour, did whole milk because that’s what we had, did half the amount of sugar and made it brown sugar instead of regular
Fantastic with addition of sliced banana in pancake
Delicious fall breakfast!
This recipe is SOOOOOOO good! Best recipe yet!
Extra great with double the cinnamon, walnuts on top, and a pad of butter on top when it goes into the oven (Eric’s addition)
This recipe is nearly as good as the sugar loaded one I love.
I left off the glaze, and added chocolate chips. This recipe is great right out of the oven and not as good as the sugar original the next day, but still pretty good!
Follow this but make muffins instead, and no frosting on top.