This recipe is the basis for what we’re doing here.
1) Brine ~5 pounds skin-on bone-in chicken thighs for at least one hour in the fridge with brine mix of 4 cups water, 1/3 cup salt, 1/3 cup brown sugar, 1/3 cup white vinegar.
2) Create rub from 4 Tbsp brown sugar, 3 Tbsp paprika, 2 Tbsp red pepper flakes, 1 Tbsp black pepper, 2 tsp garlic powder, 1 tsp cumin, 1/2 nutmeg, 1 Tbsp salt
3) Generously rub all sides of chicken after patting dry and wrap all chicken in 1 or 2 tight foil packets on a drying rack on a cooking sheet
4) Bake at 260 for 2 hours
5) Open foil packets and pour juices into a sauce pan
6) Remove thighs from foil and place on drying racks in broiler until crisp, flipping once
7) Reduce sauce on high heat and by adding flour. You can cut juice with flour and water to reduce saltiness. Reduce until sticks to a spoon.
8) Serve sauce with chicken and enjoy!