Delicious, good-for-you, and easy to make!
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 heaping cup mashed ripe banana (about 2-3 bananas)
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 3 tsp Brown Sugar
- 1/3 cup nonfat vanilla greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 1/2 tablespoons unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1 egg
- 1 egg white
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Grease a 8×4 or 9×5 loaf pan with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder,baking soda, and salt; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine mashed banana, honey, brown sugar, greek yogurt, olive oil, almond milk and vanilla and beat on low until smooth in consistency. Add in the egg and egg white and beat again until well combined, about 1 minute. Add the banana mixture to the flour mixture and combine until moist — It’s important to not over mix!
- Spoon all of the batter into the greased loaf pan. Bake at 325 degrees for 45-60 minutes or until a tester inserted into middle of the bread comes out clean. The length of time will vary based on which loaf pan you use, so I suggest checking the bread at 45 minutes. Also, don’t fear the golden crust! The bread may look done on the outside, but the inside is what’s important — you don’t want a gooey bread.
- Once a tester inserted into the bread comes out clean, cool for 10 minutes in pan on wire rack, then remove from pan gently and cool completely on wire rack. Cut into 12 slices and enjoy!
If you’d like to freeze your bread, simply wait until bread is completely cool, then slice and individually wrap in cling wrap and place in the freezer. Once ready to eat, just toast or microwave your slice and spread with your favorite topping.
It can be made with chocolate chips too!